Antidepressants good cause dramas
First of all, a warning: suddenly stop antidepressant treatment can often be more dangerous than to pursue it. It is important to decrease the treatment very gradually, and under the supervision of a qualified physician. Stop this kind of treatment can cause even more serious problems than the symptom that caused the taking of treatment.
The purpose of this article is therefore certainly not to encourage you to stop your treatment on your own, if you are currently on antidepressants.
But here are the facts.
An impressive number of killings took place in recent years in schools. A Wikipedia page (in English) in lists sixty-four from the late 19th century and the development of large-scale schools.
Of these 50 occurred between 1989 and today, 78% of cases, with an acceleration since the 2000s.
In fact, all but three have been committed since 1964.
Among the 3 school massacres committed before 1964, one was committed in Germany in 1913 by a man of 27, and in the US in 1927 by a man of 55, diagnosed crazy. The third case before 1964 and only involving minors, held in Vilnius (now Lithuania) in 1925 where two communist militant students attacked the jury examined, killing a teacher and several students, probably for political reasons .
What I'm getting at is when you learn on TV that a new massacre took place in a school, do not listen more commentators explain that "this type of violence has always existed" or suggesting that are the modern means of communication are we talking about this type of case, which simply was not aware of before, but they occurred nonetheless.
This is false, archi-false. The truth is that it is a total novelty children thus begin to commit mass crimes.
The case of serial killer 14 years bloodthirsty, murdering one by one little friends in a setting macabre scene, and in the hope of appearing on TV as the most terrible murderer in the history of humanity is an extremely disturbing novelty, which can be dated historically from the 60s.
Are the weapons solely responsible?
Each time, the reaction of the media is the same: we must ban the guns! It is true that if the gun did not exist, it would be difficult for someone to kill so many people at once.
However, that for centuries the Americans are mostly equipped with firearms. In France, for that matter, almost all farmers traditionally had a rifle hanging above their fireplace. When the bulk of France was rural, this represented millions of firearms in circulation in the country, easily accessible to schoolchildren.
Yet in the time of Jules Ferry, it does not list any cases of mad student who left his briefcase stuffed a rifle and buckshot who commit carnage on his teacher, his classmates, etc.
In the 19th century, there have been clashes between students, including several famous revolts organized by students of Louis-Le-Grand, which necessitated the intervention of the police. But it was violence in order to protest against a situation or education considered collectively as unbearable, rightly or wrongly. There have been, of course, account regulations. But this meant assassination to a specific person for a specific reason (which does not mean it was good ...). And yet that was not it at all aware.
In France, the first report on youth violence at school, confidential, is written by the Inspector General Georges Tallon in 1979.
How to explain the mass crimes?
The mass murders committed by young people, even children, against innocent people, have appeared along major changes in lifestyle, such as family breakdown, high dose television in early childhood, violence in film and video games, the "hard" pornography accessible to children, drugs, geographic uprooting of populations, the gang phenomenon and the success of the "gothic culture" and satanic music in our societies, but also with the increase of toxins, heavy metals, junk food and other environmental factors (degraded urban environment, noise, stress, trauma), that favored the onset of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and depression, promoting the passage to the act ...
Who can say for sure, of all these causes, the one who played the lead role? This is a question that will not be resolved before long. The most that can be said that the explanation is not likely multifactorial.
The track antidepressants
Nevertheless, many psychiatrists, including the American Peter Breggin, are now putting into question the antidepressants "selective reuptake inhibitors of serotonin" (SSRIs like Prozac) as potentially responsible for several recent killings. Side effects of these antidepressants in fact include an increase in aggression, lower remorse and personality change may have played a role, especially as many serial-killers and other perpetrators of murders particularly barbarians and "inexplicable" taking these drugs.
In addition, the sharp rise in cases of extreme violence among young people was concomitant with the introduction of SSRI antidepressants in 1987, and taking them increasingly massive by youth.
Several experts then sought to identify where these serial-killers took these SSRI drugs they suspect to have an effect "disinhibiting", that is to say, removing the psychological barriers that prevent natural to commit such cruelties .
A website has been created, "SSRI Stories" (SSRI Stories) (1) which lists all the recent barbaric crimes that have been the subject of media coverage which was officially under the criminal SSRIs, as well as individual testimonies. The list is, in fact, instructive, and includes:
- The massacre at Columbine, USA: April 20, 1999, two students of 17 and 18 killed 12 classmates and a teacher before committing suicide each with a bullet to the head. It turns out that one of the two killers, Eric Harris, was followed by a psychiatrist who had prescribed Zoloft, an antidepressant of the class of selective inhibitors of serotonin reuptake (SSRIs). Eric had complained of side effects, his doctor had given him a new antidepressant, Luvox of shortly before the crime. The medical record of the second, Dylan Klebold, has not yet been made public.
- Jeff Weise, 16, who took 60 mg of Prozac a day (three times the average starting dose for adults) when he killed his grandfather, a friend of it and many of his school mates Red Lake, Minnesota. Then he shot himself in the head. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
- Cory Baadsgaard, 16, at Wahluke High School in Washington state was under Paxil (which gave him hallucinations) when he took a revolver and took hostage 23 students in his class. He has no memory of the event.
- Eric Harris, 17, was on Zoloft and Luvox; Dylan Klebold, 18, sealed medical record. Columbine School in Littleton, Colorado. 13 dead, 23 wounded.
- Chris Fetters, 13, Prozac - 1 dead
- Christopher Pittman, 12, Zoloft - 2 dead
- Mathew Miller, 13, Zoloft - suicide
- Jarred Viktor, 15, Paxil - stabbed 61 times grandmother
- Kip Kinkel, 15, Prozac and Ritalin: 4 dead - his parents, then 2 + 22 students injured
- Luke Woodham, 16, Prozac: 3 dead - his mother and 2 + 6 students injured
- An anonymous young boy (under 12) with Zoloft - suicide
- Pocatello, Idaho has become entrenched in the classroom with a gun for hours.
- Michael Carneal, 14, Ritalin in high school in West Paducah, Kentucky - 3 dead, 5 injured
- A young man on Ritalin in Huntsville, Alabama - massacred his parents and two other relatives with ax
- Andrew Golden, 11, Ritalin, and Mitchell Johnson, 14, Ritalin. In college - 5 dead, 10 injured
- TJ Solomon, 15, Ritalin at school Conyers, Georgia - 6 injured
- Rod Mathews, 14, Ritalin - 1 other student beaten to death
- James Wilson, 19, several drugs at the Elementary School Breenwood, SC - 2 dead, 9 injured
- Mitchell Johnson, 13, antipsychotics in Jonesboro, Arkansas - 5 dead, many wounded
- Elizabeth Bush, 13, Paxil - Shooting college in Pennsylvania
- Jason Hoffman, Effexor and Celexa. - Shooting at school in El Cajon, California
- Chris Shanahan, 15, Paxil in Rigby, Idaho - 1 dead
- Jeff Franklin, Prozac and Ritalin in Huntsville, Alabama - kills his parents with tools, then hurt his brother and sister
- Neal Furrow, Prozac and other drugs prescribed by judicial decision. - Shooting at Jewish school in Los Angeles
- Kevin Rider, 14, Prozac. - Suspected Suicide and suspected of being shot by another student 14 years as Zoloft and other antidepressants
- Alex Kim, 13, Lexapro - Suicide
- Diane Routhier, Welbutrin. - Suicide
- Billy Willkomm, Prozac.- Suicide
- Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, 12, Paxil - Suicide after the refusal of his doctor to stop treatment
- Gareth Christian, 18, Paxil - Vancouver: suicide
- Julie Woodward, 17, Zoloft - Suicide
- Matthew Miller, 13, Zoloft - Suicide
- Kurt Danysh, 18, Prozac - 1 dead
- Woody, 37, Zoloft - Suicide
- Boy 10 years old anonymous, Prozac - A shot his father
- Hammad Memon, 15, Zoloft - A shot another student
- Matti Saari, 22, antidepressant and benzodiazepine - 10 dead and one injured at his university
- Steven Kazmierczak, 27, Prozac, Xanax and Ambien - Northern Illinois University: 5 dead, 21 injured
- Pekka-Eric Auvinen, 18, antidepressants - Jokela High School in Finland: 8 dead, 12 injured
- Asa Coon, 14, Trazodone - Cleveland: 1 dead
- Jon Romano, 16, antidepressants - New York high school: a teacher shooting
- Seung-Hui Cho, antidepressants. Virginia Tech: 23 dead, 19 injured
- Robert Hawkins, 19, Valium and other antidepressants. Shopping center in Omaha: 8 dead, 5 injured
Of course, this list "proves nothing." Many psychiatrists explain that if these people have committed such acts, it is precisely because they had a psychic problem underlying their drugs sought to be treated (unsuccessfully, obviously). And if these people were not on antidepressants, they would probably have been even worse.
But the fact is that before antidepressants, it was not so common for young children murder their grandparents with an ax or slaughter their young classmates to the firearm. But again, firearms (and children), existed long before the 70 and the massive development of young people taking antidepressants.
The US authorities are alarmed
On March 22, 2004, the US health authorities (FDA) released again cautioned about the side effects of these drugs, citing "anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia (severe restlessness), hypomania, and mania in adults and children treated with antidepressants for major depressive disorder. (2)
The September 14, 2004, the FDA has imposed a warning on antidepressants and suicide risk among children under 18 years. This warning was extended to persons under 25 years December 13, 2006.
The scientific journal "Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons," Volume 14, Number 1, Spring 2009, published an article by Dr. Joel M. Kauffman, Ph.D., entitled "selective reuptake inhibitors of serotonin more risks than benefits? ". Regarding the cases cited above, Dr. Kaufmann explains, "Since no clinical studies involving multiple killings can never be conducted, no further evidence may not be found. ".
And indeed, the reality is that they are not doctors or medical researchers who are likely to discover a link between antidepressants and mass crimes but investigative journalists and lawyers seeking justice for their clients who embark on research to gather such evidence.
Do not wait for the news to be published in the "doctor's Daily"
To flush out the cause and result, it is indeed necessary to peel the press, local, national, and international, looking conclusive facts, knowing that most cases of violence are not reported in the newspapers, and that the that the aggressor is or is not under anti-depressant at the material time is rarely brought to public knowledge, or even journalists themselves, because of "medical confidentiality".
We will have to wait a long time, before the news of a link between antidepressants and acts of ultraviolence is established and published in The Physician's Daily (the magazine that informs practitioners in the corner of the novelties of official medicine) .
Nevertheless, these facts should encourage great caution on this class of drugs that are SSRIs, any medication to be taken extremely seriously by patients and even more by the parents of the patient when it comes of a minor.
www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PublicHealthAdvisories/ucm161696.htm - This is the "FDA Public Health Advisory Regarding Worsening Depression and Suicidality in Patients Being Treated With Antidepressants endorsement" issued on March 22, 2004 ".
See also: Luvox and the Columbine High School massacre. breggin.com.
The information in this newsletter is published solely for informational purposes and can not be considered as personal medical advice. No treatment should be initiated based solely on the contents of this letter, and it is strongly recommended that the reader consult health professionals duly registered with health authorities on any matter relating to their health and wellbeing. The publisher is not a licensed medical care provider. The publisher of this newsletter does not practice medicine in any capacity itself, nor any other therapy profession and is forbidden to enter a health practitioner relationship vis-à-vis patients with Players.
Nature Health Innovation is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, effectiveness, or correct use of information you receive through our products, or for health problems that can result from training programs, products or events that you can read through this site. The publisher is not liable for errors or omissions. None of the information or products mentioned on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate or cure any disease.